POPAI (Point of Purchase Advertising International) is the only global, not for profit, trade association exclusively dedicated to the retail marketing industry.
POPAI promotes the importance of Point of Purchase advertising in the retail environment by bringing together brands, retailers and service providers. This is achieved through education, awards, meetings, outings and conferences.
Founded in 1936, POPAI comprises 20 national offices covering 45 countries and more than 1700 members internationally.
POPAI South Africa launched its chapter in 2007 and since gained a diverse membership which includes brands, retailers, agencies and service providers.
POPAI is dedicated to promoting marketing at retail as a powerful advertising medium being integrated into the strategic marketing mix, as retail programs deliver a combination of brand messaging and information at the critical moment of the consumer purchase decision.
POPAI has five strategic goals:
Within these five strategic goals POPAI has different objectives:
POPAI Members benefit from a range of activities such as:
- Retailer & Brand Forums.
- Annual POPAI Conference.
- Emerging Market Conference.
- Technical Seminars & E-learning course.
- Monthly newsletters related to global industry news.
- Awards ceremony to recognize excellence within the industry.
- Emerging Market and the C–Store Shopper & MAR Research.
- Free participation at the Green Project. Goal of the Green Project is to reduce the environmental impact of P-O-P across the entire industry by meetings where roles and responsibilities of all involved members will be discussed and milestones agreed.
- The largest online archive of retail marketing research studies, industry presentations and guides in the world.
Click here for more about POPAI and the benefits of being a member
To become a member please click here